Search moodle.org's
Developer Documentation

See Release Notes

• Bug fixes for general core bugs in 3.11.x will end 14 Nov 2022 (12 months plus 6 months extension).
  • Bug fixes for security issues in 3.11.x will end 13 Nov 2023 (18 months plus 12 months extension).
  • PHP version: minimum PHP 7.3.0 Note: minimum PHP version has increased since Moodle 3.10. PHP 7.4.x is supported too.
<?php

// This file is part of Moodle - http://moodle.org/
//
// Moodle is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
// it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
// the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or
// (at your option) any later version.
//
// Moodle is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
// but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
// MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
// GNU General Public License for more details.
//
// You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
// along with Moodle.  If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.

namespace mod_forum;

use mod_forum_tests_cron_trait;
use mod_forum_tests_generator_trait;

defined('MOODLE_INTERNAL') || die;

require_once(__DIR__ . '/cron_trait.php');
require_once(__DIR__ . '/generator_trait.php');

/**
 * The module forums external functions unit tests
 * @package    mod_forum
 * @category   test
 * @copyright  2013 Andrew Nicols
 * @license    http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html GNU GPL v3 or later
 */
class maildigest_test extends \advanced_testcase {

// Make use of the cron tester trait.
    use mod_forum_tests_cron_trait;

// Make use of the test generator trait.
    use mod_forum_tests_generator_trait;

> /** @var \phpunit_message_sink */ /** > protected $messagesink; * Set up message and mail sinks, and set up other requirements for the > * cron to be tested here. > /** @var \phpunit_message_sink */ */ > protected $mailsink; public function setUp(): void { >
global $CFG; // Messaging is not compatible with transactions... $this->preventResetByRollback(); // Catch all messages $this->messagesink = $this->redirectMessages(); $this->mailsink = $this->redirectEmails(); // Confirm that we have an empty message sink so far. $messages = $this->messagesink->get_messages(); $this->assertEquals(0, count($messages)); $messages = $this->mailsink->get_messages(); $this->assertEquals(0, count($messages)); // Tell Moodle that we've not sent any digest messages out recently. $CFG->digestmailtimelast = 0; // And set the digest sending time to a negative number - this has // the effect of making it 11pm the previous day. $CFG->digestmailtime = -1; // Forcibly reduce the maxeditingtime to a one second to ensure that // messages are sent out. $CFG->maxeditingtime = 1; // We must clear the subscription caches. This has to be done both before each test, and after in case of other // tests using these functions. \mod_forum\subscriptions::reset_forum_cache(); \mod_forum\subscriptions::reset_discussion_cache(); } /** * Clear the message sinks set up in this test. */ public function tearDown(): void { $this->messagesink->clear(); $this->messagesink->close(); $this->mailsink->clear(); $this->mailsink->close(); } /** * Setup a user, course, and forums. * * @return stdClass containing the list of forums, courses, forumids, * and the user enrolled in them. */ protected function helper_setup_user_in_course() { global $DB; $return = new \stdClass(); $return->courses = new \stdClass(); $return->forums = new \stdClass(); $return->forumids = array(); // Create a user. $user = $this->getDataGenerator()->create_user(); $return->user = $user; // Create courses to add the modules. $return->courses->course1 = $this->getDataGenerator()->create_course(); // Create forums. $record = new \stdClass(); $record->course = $return->courses->course1->id; $record->forcesubscribe = 1; $return->forums->forum1 = $this->getDataGenerator()->create_module('forum', $record); $return->forumsids[] = $return->forums->forum1->id; $return->forums->forum2 = $this->getDataGenerator()->create_module('forum', $record); $return->forumsids[] = $return->forums->forum2->id; // Check the forum was correctly created. list ($test, $params) = $DB->get_in_or_equal($return->forumsids); // Enrol the user in the courses. // DataGenerator->enrol_user automatically sets a role for the user $this->getDataGenerator()->enrol_user($return->user->id, $return->courses->course1->id); return $return; } public function test_set_maildigest() { global $DB; $this->resetAfterTest(true); $helper = $this->helper_setup_user_in_course(); $user = $helper->user; $course1 = $helper->courses->course1; $forum1 = $helper->forums->forum1; // Set to the user. self::setUser($helper->user); // Confirm that there is no current value. $currentsetting = $DB->get_record('forum_digests', array( 'forum' => $forum1->id, 'userid' => $user->id, )); $this->assertFalse($currentsetting); // Test with each of the valid values: // 0, 1, and 2 are valid values. forum_set_user_maildigest($forum1, 0, $user); $currentsetting = $DB->get_record('forum_digests', array( 'forum' => $forum1->id, 'userid' => $user->id, )); $this->assertEquals($currentsetting->maildigest, 0); forum_set_user_maildigest($forum1, 1, $user); $currentsetting = $DB->get_record('forum_digests', array( 'forum' => $forum1->id, 'userid' => $user->id, )); $this->assertEquals($currentsetting->maildigest, 1); forum_set_user_maildigest($forum1, 2, $user); $currentsetting = $DB->get_record('forum_digests', array( 'forum' => $forum1->id, 'userid' => $user->id, )); $this->assertEquals($currentsetting->maildigest, 2); // And the default value - this should delete the record again forum_set_user_maildigest($forum1, -1, $user); $currentsetting = $DB->get_record('forum_digests', array( 'forum' => $forum1->id, 'userid' => $user->id, )); $this->assertFalse($currentsetting); // Try with an invalid value. $this->expectException('moodle_exception'); forum_set_user_maildigest($forum1, 42, $user); } public function test_get_user_digest_options_default() { global $USER, $DB; $this->resetAfterTest(true); // Set up a basic user enrolled in a course. $helper = $this->helper_setup_user_in_course(); $user = $helper->user; $course1 = $helper->courses->course1; $forum1 = $helper->forums->forum1; // Set to the user. self::setUser($helper->user); // We test against these options. $digestoptions = array( '0' => get_string('emaildigestoffshort', 'mod_forum'), '1' => get_string('emaildigestcompleteshort', 'mod_forum'), '2' => get_string('emaildigestsubjectsshort', 'mod_forum'), ); // The default settings is 0. $this->assertEquals(0, $user->maildigest); $options = forum_get_user_digest_options(); $this->assertEquals($options[-1], get_string('emaildigestdefault', 'mod_forum', $digestoptions[0])); // Update the setting to 1. $USER->maildigest = 1; $this->assertEquals(1, $USER->maildigest); $options = forum_get_user_digest_options(); $this->assertEquals($options[-1], get_string('emaildigestdefault', 'mod_forum', $digestoptions[1])); // Update the setting to 2. $USER->maildigest = 2; $this->assertEquals(2, $USER->maildigest); $options = forum_get_user_digest_options(); $this->assertEquals($options[-1], get_string('emaildigestdefault', 'mod_forum', $digestoptions[2])); } public function test_get_user_digest_options_sorting() { global $USER, $DB; $this->resetAfterTest(true); // Set up a basic user enrolled in a course. $helper = $this->helper_setup_user_in_course(); $user = $helper->user; $course1 = $helper->courses->course1; $forum1 = $helper->forums->forum1; // Set to the user. self::setUser($helper->user); // Retrieve the list of applicable options. $options = forum_get_user_digest_options(); // The default option must always be at the top of the list. $lastoption = -2; foreach ($options as $value => $description) { $this->assertGreaterThan($lastoption, $value); $lastoption = $value; } } public function test_cron_no_posts() { global $DB; $this->resetAfterTest(true); // Initially the forum cron should generate no messages as we've made no posts. $expect = []; $this->queue_tasks_and_assert($expect); } /** * Sends several notifications to one user as: * * single messages based on a user profile setting. */ public function test_cron_profile_single_mails() { global $DB; $this->resetAfterTest(true); // Set up a basic user enrolled in a course. $userhelper = $this->helper_setup_user_in_course(); $user = $userhelper->user; $course1 = $userhelper->courses->course1; $forum1 = $userhelper->forums->forum1; $forum2 = $userhelper->forums->forum2; // Add 5 discussions to forum 1. $posts = []; for ($i = 0; $i < 5; $i++) { list($discussion, $post) = $this->helper_post_to_forum($forum1, $user, ['mailnow' => 1]); $posts[] = $post; } // Add 5 discussions to forum 2. for ($i = 0; $i < 5; $i++) { list($discussion, $post) = $this->helper_post_to_forum($forum2, $user, ['mailnow' => 1]); $posts[] = $post; } // Set the tested user's default maildigest setting. $DB->set_field('user', 'maildigest', 0, array('id' => $user->id)); // Set the maildigest preference for forum1 to default. forum_set_user_maildigest($forum1, -1, $user); // Set the maildigest preference for forum2 to default. forum_set_user_maildigest($forum2, -1, $user); // No digests mails should be sent, but 10 forum mails will be sent. $expect = [ (object) [ 'userid' => $user->id, 'messages' => 10, 'digests' => 0, ], ]; $this->queue_tasks_and_assert($expect); $this->send_notifications_and_assert($user, $posts); } /** * Sends several notifications to one user as: * * daily digests coming from the user profile setting. */ public function test_cron_profile_digest_email() { global $DB, $CFG; $this->resetAfterTest(true); // Set up a basic user enrolled in a course. $userhelper = $this->helper_setup_user_in_course(); $user = $userhelper->user; $course1 = $userhelper->courses->course1; $forum1 = $userhelper->forums->forum1; $forum2 = $userhelper->forums->forum2; $posts = []; // Add 5 discussions to forum 1. for ($i = 0; $i < 5; $i++) { list($discussion, $post) = $this->helper_post_to_forum($forum1, $user, ['mailnow' => 1]); $posts[] = $post; } // Add 5 discussions to forum 2. for ($i = 0; $i < 5; $i++) { list($discussion, $post) = $this->helper_post_to_forum($forum2, $user, ['mailnow' => 1]); $posts[] = $post; } // Set the tested user's default maildigest setting. $DB->set_field('user', 'maildigest', 1, array('id' => $user->id)); // Set the maildigest preference for forum1 to default. forum_set_user_maildigest($forum1, -1, $user); // Set the maildigest preference for forum2 to default. forum_set_user_maildigest($forum2, -1, $user); // No digests mails should be sent, but 10 forum mails will be sent. $expect = [ (object) [ 'userid' => $user->id, 'messages' => 0, 'digests' => 1, ], ]; $this->queue_tasks_and_assert($expect); $this->send_digests_and_assert($user, $posts); } /** * Send digests to a user who cannot view fullnames */ public function test_cron_digest_view_fullnames_off() { global $DB, $CFG; $CFG->fullnamedisplay = 'lastname'; $this->resetAfterTest(true); // Set up a basic user enrolled in a course. $userhelper = $this->helper_setup_user_in_course(); $user = $userhelper->user; $course1 = $userhelper->courses->course1; $forum1 = $userhelper->forums->forum1; $posts = []; // Add 1 discussions to forum 1. list($discussion, $post) = $this->helper_post_to_forum($forum1, $user, ['mailnow' => 1]); $posts[] = $post; // Set the tested user's default maildigest setting. $DB->set_field('user', 'maildigest', 1, array('id' => $user->id)); // No digests mails should be sent, but 1 forum mails will be sent. $expect = [ (object) [ 'userid' => $user->id, 'messages' => 0, 'digests' => 1, ], ]; $this->queue_tasks_and_assert($expect); $this->send_digests_and_assert($user, $posts); // The user does not, by default, have permission to view the fullname. $messagecontent = $this->messagesink->get_messages()[0]->fullmessage; // Assert that the expected name is present (lastname only). $this->assertStringContainsString(fullname($user, false), $messagecontent); // Assert that the full name is not present (firstname lastname only). $this->assertStringNotContainsString(fullname($user, true), $messagecontent); } /** * Send digests to a user who can view fullnames. */ public function test_cron_digest_view_fullnames_on() { global $DB, $CFG; $CFG->fullnamedisplay = 'lastname'; $this->resetAfterTest(true); // Set up a basic user enrolled in a course. $userhelper = $this->helper_setup_user_in_course(); $user = $userhelper->user; $course1 = $userhelper->courses->course1; $forum1 = $userhelper->forums->forum1; $posts = []; assign_capability( 'moodle/site:viewfullnames', CAP_ALLOW, $DB->get_field('role', 'id', ['shortname' => 'student']), \context_course::instance($course1->id) ); // Add 1 discussions to forum 1. list($discussion, $post) = $this->helper_post_to_forum($forum1, $user, ['mailnow' => 1]); $posts[] = $post; // Set the tested user's default maildigest setting. $DB->set_field('user', 'maildigest', 1, array('id' => $user->id)); // No digests mails should be sent, but 1 forum mails will be sent. $expect = [ (object) [ 'userid' => $user->id, 'messages' => 0, 'digests' => 1, ], ]; $this->queue_tasks_and_assert($expect); $this->send_digests_and_assert($user, $posts); // The user does not, by default, have permission to view the fullname. // However we have given the user that capability so we expect to see both firstname and lastname. $messagecontent = $this->messagesink->get_messages()[0]->fullmessage; // Assert that the expected name is present (lastname only). $this->assertStringContainsString(fullname($user, false), $messagecontent); // Assert that the full name is also present (firstname lastname only). $this->assertStringContainsString(fullname($user, true), $messagecontent); } /** * Sends several notifications to one user as: * * daily digests coming from the per-forum setting; and * * single e-mails from the profile setting. */ public function test_cron_mixed_email_1() { global $DB, $CFG; $this->resetAfterTest(true); // Set up a basic user enrolled in a course. $userhelper = $this->helper_setup_user_in_course(); $user = $userhelper->user; $course1 = $userhelper->courses->course1; $forum1 = $userhelper->forums->forum1; $forum2 = $userhelper->forums->forum2; $posts = []; $digests = []; // Add 5 discussions to forum 1. for ($i = 0; $i < 5; $i++) { list($discussion, $post) = $this->helper_post_to_forum($forum1, $user, ['mailnow' => 1]); $digests[] = $post; } // Add 5 discussions to forum 2. for ($i = 0; $i < 5; $i++) { list($discussion, $post) = $this->helper_post_to_forum($forum2, $user, ['mailnow' => 1]); $posts[] = $post; } // Set the tested user's default maildigest setting. $DB->set_field('user', 'maildigest', 0, array('id' => $user->id)); // Set the maildigest preference for forum1 to digest. forum_set_user_maildigest($forum1, 1, $user); // Set the maildigest preference for forum2 to default (single). forum_set_user_maildigest($forum2, -1, $user); // One digest e-mail should be sent, and five individual notifications. $expect = [ (object) [ 'userid' => $user->id, 'messages' => 5, 'digests' => 1, ], ]; $this->queue_tasks_and_assert($expect); $this->send_notifications_and_assert($user, $posts); $this->send_digests_and_assert($user, $digests); } /** * Sends several notifications to one user as: * * single e-mails from the per-forum setting; and * * daily digests coming from the per-user setting. */ public function test_cron_mixed_email_2() { global $DB, $CFG; $this->resetAfterTest(true); // Set up a basic user enrolled in a course. $userhelper = $this->helper_setup_user_in_course(); $user = $userhelper->user; $course1 = $userhelper->courses->course1; $forum1 = $userhelper->forums->forum1; $forum2 = $userhelper->forums->forum2; $posts = []; $digests = []; // Add 5 discussions to forum 1. for ($i = 0; $i < 5; $i++) { list($discussion, $post) = $this->helper_post_to_forum($forum1, $user, ['mailnow' => 1]); $digests[] = $post; } // Add 5 discussions to forum 2. for ($i = 0; $i < 5; $i++) { list($discussion, $post) = $this->helper_post_to_forum($forum2, $user, ['mailnow' => 1]); $posts[] = $post; } // Set the tested user's default maildigest setting. $DB->set_field('user', 'maildigest', 1, array('id' => $user->id)); // Set the maildigest preference for forum1 to digest. forum_set_user_maildigest($forum1, -1, $user); // Set the maildigest preference for forum2 to single. forum_set_user_maildigest($forum2, 0, $user); // One digest e-mail should be sent, and five individual notifications. $expect = [ (object) [ 'userid' => $user->id, 'messages' => 5, 'digests' => 1, ], ]; $this->queue_tasks_and_assert($expect); $this->send_notifications_and_assert($user, $posts); $this->send_digests_and_assert($user, $digests); } /** * Sends several notifications to one user as: * * daily digests coming from the per-forum setting. */ public function test_cron_forum_digest_email() { global $DB, $CFG; $this->resetAfterTest(true); // Set up a basic user enrolled in a course. $userhelper = $this->helper_setup_user_in_course(); $user = $userhelper->user; $course1 = $userhelper->courses->course1; $forum1 = $userhelper->forums->forum1; $forum2 = $userhelper->forums->forum2; $fulldigests = []; $shortdigests = []; // Add 5 discussions to forum 1. for ($i = 0; $i < 5; $i++) { list($discussion, $post) = $this->helper_post_to_forum($forum1, $user, ['mailnow' => 1]); $fulldigests[] = $post; } // Add 5 discussions to forum 2. for ($i = 0; $i < 5; $i++) { list($discussion, $post) = $this->helper_post_to_forum($forum2, $user, ['mailnow' => 1]); $shortdigests[] = $post; } // Set the tested user's default maildigest setting. $DB->set_field('user', 'maildigest', 0, array('id' => $user->id)); // Set the maildigest preference for forum1 to digest (complete). forum_set_user_maildigest($forum1, 1, $user); // Set the maildigest preference for forum2 to digest (short). forum_set_user_maildigest($forum2, 2, $user); // One digest e-mail should be sent, and no individual notifications. $expect = [ (object) [ 'userid' => $user->id, 'digests' => 1, ], ]; $this->queue_tasks_and_assert($expect); $this->send_digests_and_assert($user, $fulldigests, $shortdigests); } /** * The digest being in the past is queued til the next day. */ public function test_cron_digest_previous_day() { global $DB, $CFG; $this->resetAfterTest(true); // Set up a basic user enrolled in a course. $userhelper = $this->helper_setup_user_in_course(); $user = $userhelper->user; $course1 = $userhelper->courses->course1; $forum1 = $userhelper->forums->forum1; $forum2 = $userhelper->forums->forum2; $fulldigests = []; $shortdigests = []; // Add 1 discussions to forum 1. list($discussion, $post) = $this->helper_post_to_forum($forum1, $user, ['mailnow' => 1]); $fulldigests[] = $post; // Set the tested user's default maildigest setting. $DB->set_field('user', 'maildigest', 1, array('id' => $user->id)); // Set the digest time to midnight. $CFG->digestmailtime = 0; // One digest e-mail should be sent, and no individual notifications. $expect = [ (object) [ 'userid' => $user->id, 'digests' => 1, ], ]; $this->queue_tasks_and_assert($expect); $tasks = $DB->get_records('task_adhoc', ['component' => 'mod_forum']); $task = reset($tasks); $this->assertGreaterThanOrEqual(time(), $task->nextruntime); } /** * The digest being in the future is queued for today. */ public function test_cron_digest_same_day() { global $DB, $CFG; $this->resetAfterTest(true); // Set up a basic user enrolled in a course. $userhelper = $this->helper_setup_user_in_course(); $user = $userhelper->user; $course1 = $userhelper->courses->course1; $forum1 = $userhelper->forums->forum1; $forum2 = $userhelper->forums->forum2; $fulldigests = []; $shortdigests = []; // Add 1 discussions to forum 1. list($discussion, $post) = $this->helper_post_to_forum($forum1, $user, ['mailnow' => 1]); $fulldigests[] = $post; // Set the tested user's default maildigest setting. $DB->set_field('user', 'maildigest', 1, array('id' => $user->id)); // Set the digest time to the future (magic, shouldn't work). $CFG->digestmailtime = 25; // One digest e-mail should be sent, and no individual notifications. $expect = [ (object) [ 'userid' => $user->id, 'digests' => 1, ], ]; $this->queue_tasks_and_assert($expect); $tasks = $DB->get_records('task_adhoc', ['component' => 'mod_forum']); $task = reset($tasks); $digesttime = usergetmidnight(time(), \core_date::get_server_timezone()) + ($CFG->digestmailtime * 3600); $this->assertLessThanOrEqual($digesttime, $task->nextruntime); } /** * Tests that if a new message is posted after the days digest time, * but before that days digests are sent a new task is created. */ public function test_cron_digest_queue_next_before_current_processed() { global $DB, $CFG; $this->resetAfterTest(true); // Set up a basic user enrolled in a course. $userhelper = $this->helper_setup_user_in_course(); $user = $userhelper->user; $forum1 = $userhelper->forums->forum1; // Add 1 discussions to forum 1. $this->helper_post_to_forum($forum1, $user, ['mailnow' => 1]); // Set the tested user's default maildigest setting. $DB->set_field('user', 'maildigest', 1, ['id' => $user->id]); // Set the digest time to the future (magic, shouldn't work). $CFG->digestmailtime = 25; // One digest e-mail should be sent, and no individual notifications. $expect = [ (object) [ 'userid' => $user->id, 'digests' => 1, ], ]; $this->queue_tasks_and_assert($expect); // Set the digest time to midnight. $CFG->digestmailtime = 0; // Add another discussions to forum 1. $this->helper_post_to_forum($forum1, $user, ['mailnow' => 1]); // One digest e-mail should be sent, and no individual notifications. $expect = [ (object) [ 'userid' => $user->id, 'digests' => 1, ], ]; $this->queue_tasks_and_assert($expect); // There should now be two tasks queued. $tasks = $DB->get_records('task_adhoc', ['component' => 'mod_forum']); $this->assertCount(2, $tasks); // Add yet another another discussions to forum 1. $this->helper_post_to_forum($forum1, $user, ['mailnow' => 1]); // One digest e-mail should be sent, and no individual notifications. $expect = [ (object) [ 'userid' => $user->id, 'digests' => 1, ], ]; $this->queue_tasks_and_assert($expect); // There should still be two tasks queued. $tasks = $DB->get_records('task_adhoc', ['component' => 'mod_forum']); $this->assertCount(2, $tasks); } /** * The sending of a digest marks posts as read if automatic message read marking is set. */ public function test_cron_digest_marks_posts_read() { global $DB, $CFG; $this->resetAfterTest(true); // Disable the 'Manual message read marking' option. $CFG->forum_usermarksread = false; // Set up a basic user enrolled in a course. $userhelper = $this->helper_setup_user_in_course(); $user = $userhelper->user; $course1 = $userhelper->courses->course1; $forum1 = $userhelper->forums->forum1; $posts = []; // Set the tested user's default maildigest, trackforums, read tracking settings. $DB->set_field('user', 'maildigest', 1, ['id' => $user->id]); $DB->set_field('user', 'trackforums', 1, ['id' => $user->id]); set_user_preference('forum_markasreadonnotification', 1, $user->id); // Set the maildigest preference for forum1 to default. forum_set_user_maildigest($forum1, -1, $user); // Add 5 discussions to forum 1. for ($i = 0; $i < 5; $i++) { list($discussion, $post) = $this->helper_post_to_forum($forum1, $user, ['mailnow' => 1]); $posts[] = $post; } // There should be unread posts for the forum. $expectedposts = [ $forum1->id => (object) [ 'id' => $forum1->id, 'unread' => count($posts), ], ]; $this->assertEquals($expectedposts, forum_tp_get_course_unread_posts($user->id, $course1->id)); // One digest mail should be sent and no other messages. $expect = [ (object) [ 'userid' => $user->id, 'messages' => 0, 'digests' => 1, ], ]; $this->queue_tasks_and_assert($expect); $this->send_digests_and_assert($user, $posts); // Verify that there are no unread posts for any forums. $this->assertEmpty(forum_tp_get_course_unread_posts($user->id, $course1->id)); } /** * The sending of a digest does not mark posts as read when manual message read marking is set. */ public function test_cron_digest_leaves_posts_unread() { global $DB, $CFG; $this->resetAfterTest(true); // Enable the 'Manual message read marking' option. $CFG->forum_usermarksread = true; // Set up a basic user enrolled in a course. $userhelper = $this->helper_setup_user_in_course(); $user = $userhelper->user; $course1 = $userhelper->courses->course1; $forum1 = $userhelper->forums->forum1; $posts = []; // Set the tested user's default maildigest, trackforums, read tracking settings. $DB->set_field('user', 'maildigest', 1, ['id' => $user->id]); $DB->set_field('user', 'trackforums', 1, ['id' => $user->id]); set_user_preference('forum_markasreadonnotification', 1, $user->id); // Set the maildigest preference for forum1 to default. forum_set_user_maildigest($forum1, -1, $user); // Add 5 discussions to forum 1. for ($i = 0; $i < 5; $i++) { list($discussion, $post) = $this->helper_post_to_forum($forum1, $user, ['mailnow' => 1]); $posts[] = $post; } // There should be unread posts for the forum. $expectedposts = [ $forum1->id => (object) [ 'id' => $forum1->id, 'unread' => count($posts), ], ]; $this->assertEquals($expectedposts, forum_tp_get_course_unread_posts($user->id, $course1->id)); // One digest mail should be sent and no other messages. $expect = [ (object) [ 'userid' => $user->id, 'messages' => 0, 'digests' => 1, ], ]; $this->queue_tasks_and_assert($expect); $this->send_digests_and_assert($user, $posts); // Verify that there are still the same unread posts for the forum. $this->assertEquals($expectedposts, forum_tp_get_course_unread_posts($user->id, $course1->id)); } }