Search moodle.org's
Developer Documentation

See Release Notes
Long Term Support Release

• Bug fixes for general core bugs in 3.9.x will end* 10 May 2021 (12 months).
  • Bug fixes for security issues in 3.9.x will end* 8 May 2023 (36 months).
  • PHP version: minimum PHP 7.2.0 Note: minimum PHP version has increased since Moodle 3.8. PHP 7.3.x and 7.4.x are supported too.
<?php
// This file is part of Moodle - http://moodle.org/
//
// Moodle is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
// it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
// the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or
// (at your option) any later version.
//
// Moodle is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
// but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
// MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
// GNU General Public License for more details.
//
// You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
// along with Moodle.  If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.

/**
 * Steps definitions related with the forum activity.
 * @package    mod_forum
 * @category   test
 * @copyright  2013 David MonllaĆ³
 * @license    http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html GNU GPL v3 or later
 */

// NOTE: no MOODLE_INTERNAL test here, this file may be required by behat before including /config.php.

require_once(__DIR__ . '/../../../../lib/behat/behat_base.php');

use Behat\Gherkin\Node\TableNode as TableNode;
/**
 * Forum-related steps definitions.
 * @package    mod_forum
 * @category   test
 * @copyright  2013 David MonllaĆ³
 * @license    http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html GNU GPL v3 or later
 */
class behat_mod_forum extends behat_base {

/**
     * Adds a topic to the forum specified by it's name. Useful for the Announcements and blog-style forums.
     * @Given /^I add a new topic to "(?P<forum_name_string>(?:[^"]|\\")*)" forum with:$/
     * @param string $forumname
     * @param TableNode $table
     */
    public function i_add_a_new_topic_to_forum_with($forumname, TableNode $table) {
        $this->add_new_discussion($forumname, $table, get_string('addanewtopic', 'forum'));
    }

/**
     * Adds a Q&A discussion to the Q&A-type forum specified by it's name with the provided table data.
     * @Given /^I add a new question to "(?P<forum_name_string>(?:[^"]|\\")*)" forum with:$/
     */
    public function i_add_a_new_question_to_forum_with($forumname, TableNode $table) {
        $this->add_new_discussion($forumname, $table, get_string('addanewquestion', 'forum'));
    }

/**
     * Adds a discussion to the forum specified by it's name with the provided table data (usually Subject and Message). The step begins from the forum's course page.
     * @Given /^I add a new discussion to "(?P<forum_name_string>(?:[^"]|\\")*)" forum with:$/
     */
    public function i_add_a_forum_discussion_to_forum_with($forumname, TableNode $table) {
        $this->add_new_discussion($forumname, $table, get_string('addanewdiscussion', 'forum'));
    }

/**
     * Adds a discussion to the forum specified by it's name with the provided table data (usually Subject and Message).
     * The step begins from the forum's course page.
     * @Given /^I add a new discussion to "(?P<forum_name_string>(?:[^"]|\\")*)" forum inline with:$/
     */
    public function i_add_a_forum_discussion_to_forum_inline_with($forumname, TableNode $table) {
        $this->add_new_discussion_inline($forumname, $table, get_string('addanewdiscussion', 'forum'));
    }

/**
     * Adds a reply to the specified post of the specified forum. The step begins from the forum's page or from the forum's course page.
     * @Given /^I reply "(?P<post_subject_string>(?:[^"]|\\")*)" post from "(?P<forum_name_string>(?:[^"]|\\")*)" forum with:$/
     * @param string $postname The subject of the post
     * @param string $forumname The forum name
     */
    public function i_reply_post_from_forum_with($postsubject, $forumname, TableNode $table) {

// Navigate to forum.
        $this->goto_main_post_reply($postsubject);

// Fill form and post.
        $this->execute('behat_forms::i_set_the_following_fields_to_these_values', $table);

$this->execute('behat_forms::press_button', get_string('posttoforum', 'forum'));
        $this->execute('behat_general::i_wait_to_be_redirected');
    }

/**
     * Inpage Reply - adds a reply to the specified post of the specified forum. The step begins from the forum's page or from the forum's course page.
     * @Given /^I reply "(?P<post_subject_string>(?:[^"]|\\")*)" post from "(?P<forum_name_string>(?:[^"]|\\")*)" forum using an inpage reply with:$/
     * @param string $postsubject The subject of the post
     */
    public function i_reply_post_from_forum_using_an_inpage_reply_with($postsubject, $forumname, TableNode $table) {
        // Navigate to forum.
        $this->execute('behat_navigation::i_am_on_page_instance', [$this->escape($forumname), 'forum activity']);
        $this->execute('behat_general::click_link', $this->escape($postsubject));
        $this->execute('behat_general::click_link', get_string('reply', 'forum'));

// Fill form and post.
        $this->execute('behat_forms::i_set_the_following_fields_to_these_values', $table);

$this->execute('behat_forms::press_button', get_string('posttoforum', 'mod_forum'));
    }

/**
     * Navigates to a particular discussion page
     * @Given /^I navigate to post "(?P<post_subject_string>(?:[^"]|\\")*)" in "(?P<forum_name_string>(?:[^"]|\\")*)" forum$/
     * @param string $postsubject The subject of the post
     */
    public function i_navigate_to_post_in_forum($postsubject, $forumname) {
        // Navigate to forum discussion.
        $this->execute('behat_navigation::i_am_on_page_instance', [$this->escape($forumname), 'forum activity']);
        $this->execute('behat_general::click_link', $this->escape($postsubject));
    }

/**
     * Opens up the action menu for the discussion
     * @Given /^I click on "(?P<post_subject_string>(?:[^"]|\\")*)" action menu$/
     * @param string $discussion The subject of the discussion
     */
    public function i_click_on_action_menu($discussion) {
        $this->execute('behat_general::i_click_on_in_the', [
            "[data-container='discussion-tools'] [data-toggle='dropdown']", "css_element",
            "//tr[contains(concat(' ', normalize-space(@class), ' '), ' discussion ') and contains(.,'$discussion')]",
            "xpath_element"
        ]);
    }

/**
     * Creates new discussions within forums of a given course.
     * @Given the following forum discussions exist in course :coursename:
     * @param string $coursename The full name of the course where the forums exist.
     * @param TableNode $discussionsdata The discussion posts to be created.
     */
    public function the_following_forum_discussions_exist(string $coursename, TableNode $discussionsdata) {
        global $DB;

$courseid = $this->get_course_id($coursename);
        $forumgenerator = behat_util::get_data_generator()->get_plugin_generator('mod_forum');

// Add the discussions to the relevant forum.
        foreach ($discussionsdata->getHash() as $discussioninfo) {
            $discussioninfo['course'] = $courseid;
            $discussioninfo['forum'] = $this->get_forum_id($courseid, $discussioninfo['forum']);
            $discussioninfo['userid'] = $this->get_user_id($discussioninfo['user']);

// Prepare data for any attachments.
            if (!empty($discussioninfo['attachments']) || !empty($discussioninfo['inlineattachments'])) {
                $discussioninfo['attachment'] = 1;
                $cm = get_coursemodule_from_instance('forum', $discussioninfo['forum']);
            }

// Prepare data for groups if needed.
            if (!empty($discussioninfo['group'])) {
                $discussioninfo['groupid'] = $this->get_group_id($courseid, $discussioninfo['group']);
                unset($discussioninfo['group']);
            }

// Create the discussion post.
            $discussion = $forumgenerator->create_discussion($discussioninfo);
            $postid = $DB->get_field('forum_posts', 'id', ['discussion' => $discussion->id]);

// Override the creation and modified timestamps as required.
            if (!empty($discussioninfo['created']) || !empty($discussioninfo['modified'])) {
                $discussiondata = [
                    'id' => $discussion->id,
                    'timemodified' => empty($discussioninfo['modified']) ? $discussioninfo['created'] : $discussioninfo['modified'],
                ];

$DB->update_record('forum_discussions', $discussiondata);

$postdata = [
                    'id' => $postid,
                    'modified' => empty($discussioninfo['modified']) ? $discussioninfo['created'] : $discussioninfo['modified'],
                ];

if (!empty($discussioninfo['created'])) {
                    $postdata['created'] = $discussioninfo['created'];
                }

$DB->update_record('forum_posts', $postdata);
            }

// Create attachments to the discussion post if required.
            if (!empty($discussioninfo['attachments'])) {
                $attachments = array_map('trim', explode(',', $discussioninfo['attachments']));
                $this->create_post_attachments($postid, $discussioninfo['userid'], $attachments, $cm, 'attachment');
            }

// Create inline attachments to the discussion post if required.
            if (!empty($discussioninfo['inlineattachments'])) {
                $inlineattachments = array_map('trim', explode(',', $discussioninfo['inlineattachments']));
                $this->create_post_attachments($postid, $discussioninfo['userid'], $inlineattachments, $cm, 'post');
            }
        }
    }

/**
     * Creates replies to discussions within forums of a given course.
     * @Given the following forum replies exist in course :coursename:
     * @param string $coursename The full name of the course where the forums exist.
     * @param TableNode $repliesdata The reply posts to be created.
     */
    public function the_following_forum_replies_exist(string $coursename, TableNode $repliesdata) {
        global $DB;

$courseid = $this->get_course_id($coursename);
        $forumgenerator = behat_util::get_data_generator()->get_plugin_generator('mod_forum');

// Add the replies to the relevant discussions.
        foreach ($repliesdata->getHash() as $replyinfo) {
            $replyinfo['course'] = $courseid;
            $replyinfo['forum'] = $this->get_forum_id($courseid, $replyinfo['forum']);
            $replyinfo['userid'] = $this->get_user_id($replyinfo['user']);

[
                'discussionid' => $replyinfo['discussion'],
                'parentid' => $replyinfo['parent'],
            ] = $this->get_base_discussion($replyinfo['forum'], $replyinfo['discussion']);

// Prepare data for any attachments.
            if (!empty($replyinfo['attachments']) || !empty($replyinfo['inlineattachments'])) {
                $replyinfo['attachment'] = 1;
                $cm = get_coursemodule_from_instance('forum', $replyinfo['forum']);
            }

< // Get the user id of the user to whom the reply is private. < if (!empty($replyinfo['privatereplyto'])) { < $replyinfo['privatereplyto'] = $this->get_user_id($replyinfo['privatereplyto']); < } <
// Create the reply post. $reply = $forumgenerator->create_post($replyinfo); // Create attachments to the post if required. if (!empty($replyinfo['attachments'])) { $attachments = array_map('trim', explode(',', $replyinfo['attachments'])); $this->create_post_attachments($reply->id, $replyinfo['userid'], $attachments, $cm, 'attachment'); } // Create inline attachments to the post if required. if (!empty($replyinfo['inlineattachments'])) { $inlineattachments = array_map('trim', explode(',', $replyinfo['inlineattachments'])); $this->create_post_attachments($reply->id, $replyinfo['userid'], $inlineattachments, $cm, 'post'); } } } /** * Checks if the user can subscribe to the forum. * * @Given /^I can subscribe to this forum$/ */ public function i_can_subscribe_to_this_forum() { if ($this->running_javascript()) { $this->execute('behat_general::i_click_on', [get_string('actionsmenu'), 'link']); } $this->execute('behat_general::assert_page_contains_text', [get_string('subscribe', 'mod_forum')]); if ($this->running_javascript()) { $this->execute('behat_general::i_click_on', [get_string('actionsmenu'), 'link']); } } /** * Checks if the user can unsubscribe from the forum. * * @Given /^I can unsubscribe from this forum$/ */ public function i_can_unsubscribe_from_this_forum() { if ($this->running_javascript()) { $this->execute('behat_general::i_click_on', [get_string('actionsmenu'), 'link']); } $this->execute('behat_general::assert_page_contains_text', [get_string('unsubscribe', 'mod_forum')]); if ($this->running_javascript()) { $this->execute('behat_general::i_click_on', [get_string('actionsmenu'), 'link']); } } /** * Subscribes to the forum. * * @Given /^I subscribe to this forum$/ */ public function i_subscribe_to_this_forum() { if ($this->running_javascript()) { $this->execute('behat_general::i_click_on', [get_string('actionsmenu'), 'link']); } $this->execute('behat_general::click_link', [get_string('subscribe', 'mod_forum')]); } /** * Unsubscribes from the forum. * * @Given /^I unsubscribe from this forum$/ */ public function i_unsubscribe_from_this_forum() { if ($this->running_javascript()) { $this->execute('behat_general::i_click_on', [get_string('actionsmenu'), 'link']); } $this->execute('behat_general::click_link', [get_string('unsubscribe', 'mod_forum')]); } /** * Fetch user ID from its username. * * @param string $username The username. * @return int The user ID. * @throws Exception */ protected function get_user_id($username) { global $DB; if (!$userid = $DB->get_field('user', 'id', ['username' => $username])) { throw new Exception("A user with username '{$username}' does not exist"); } return $userid; } /** * Fetch course ID using course name. * * @param string $coursename The name of the course. * @return int The course ID. * @throws Exception */ protected function get_course_id(string $coursename): int { global $DB; if (!$courseid = $DB->get_field('course', 'id', ['fullname' => $coursename])) { throw new Exception("A course with name '{$coursename}' does not exist"); } return $courseid; } /** * Fetch forum ID using forum name. * * @param int $courseid The course ID the forum exists within. * @param string $forumname The name of the forum. * @return int The forum ID. * @throws Exception */ protected function get_forum_id(int $courseid, string $forumname): int { global $DB; $conditions = [ 'course' => $courseid, 'name' => $forumname, ]; if (!$forumid = $DB->get_field('forum', 'id', $conditions)) { throw new Exception("A forum with name '{$forumname}' does not exist in the provided course"); } return $forumid; } /** * Fetch Group ID using group name. * * @param int $courseid The course ID the forum exists within. * @param string $groupname The short name of the group. * @return int The group ID. * @throws Exception */ protected function get_group_id(int $courseid, string $groupname): int { global $DB; if ($groupname === 'All participants') { return -1; } $conditions = [ 'courseid' => $courseid, 'idnumber' => $groupname, ]; if (!$groupid = $DB->get_field('groups', 'id', $conditions)) { throw new Exception("A group with name '{$groupname}' does not exist in the provided course"); } return $groupid; } /** * Fetch discussion ID and first post ID by discussion name. * * @param int $forumid The forum ID where the discussion resides. * @param string $name The name of the discussion. * @return array The discussion ID and first post ID. * @throws dml_exception If the discussion name is not unique within the forum (or doesn't exist). */ protected function get_base_discussion(int $forumid, string $name): array { global $DB; $conditions = [ 'name' => $name, 'forum' => $forumid, ]; $result = $DB->get_record("forum_discussions", $conditions, 'id, firstpost', MUST_EXIST); return [ 'discussionid' => $result->id, 'parentid' => $result->firstpost, ]; } /** * Create one or more attached or inline attachments to a forum post. * * @param int $postid The ID of the forum post. * @param int $userid The user ID creating the attachment. * @param array $attachmentnames Names of all attachments to be created. * @param stdClass $cm The context module of the forum. * @param string $filearea The file area being written to, eg 'attachment' or 'post' (inline). */ protected function create_post_attachments(int $postid, int $userid, array $attachmentnames, stdClass $cm, string $filearea): void { $filestorage = get_file_storage(); foreach ($attachmentnames as $attachmentname) { $filestorage->create_file_from_string( [ 'contextid' => context_module::instance($cm->id)->id, 'component' => 'mod_forum', 'filearea' => $filearea, 'itemid' => $postid, 'filepath' => '/', 'filename' => $attachmentname, 'userid' => $userid, ], "File content {$attachmentname}" ); } } /** * Returns the steps list to add a new discussion to a forum. * * Abstracts add a new topic and add a new discussion, as depending * on the forum type the button string changes. * * @param string $forumname * @param TableNode $table * @param string $buttonstr */ protected function add_new_discussion($forumname, TableNode $table, $buttonstr) { // Navigate to forum. $this->execute('behat_navigation::i_am_on_page_instance', [$this->escape($forumname), 'forum activity']); $this->execute('behat_general::click_link', $buttonstr); $this->execute('behat_forms::press_button', get_string('showadvancededitor')); $this->fill_new_discussion_form($table); } /** * Returns the steps list to add a new discussion to a forum inline. * * Abstracts add a new topic and add a new discussion, as depending * on the forum type the button string changes. * * @param string $forumname * @param TableNode $table * @param string $buttonstr */ protected function add_new_discussion_inline($forumname, TableNode $table, $buttonstr) { // Navigate to forum. $this->execute('behat_navigation::i_am_on_page_instance', [$this->escape($forumname), 'forum activity']); $this->execute('behat_general::click_link', $buttonstr); $this->fill_new_discussion_form($table); } /** * Fill in the forum's post form and submit. It assumes you've already navigated and enabled the form for view. * * @param TableNode $table * @throws coding_exception */ protected function fill_new_discussion_form(TableNode $table) { // Fill form and post. $this->execute('behat_forms::i_set_the_following_fields_to_these_values', $table); $this->execute('behat_forms::press_button', get_string('posttoforum', 'forum')); $this->execute('behat_general::i_wait_to_be_redirected'); } /** * Go to the default reply to post page. * This is used instead of navigating through 4-5 different steps and to solve issues where JS would be required to click * on the advanced button * * @param $postsubject * @throws coding_exception * @throws dml_exception * @throws moodle_exception */ protected function goto_main_post_reply($postsubject) { global $DB; $post = $DB->get_record("forum_posts", array("subject" => $postsubject), 'id', MUST_EXIST); $url = new moodle_url('/mod/forum/post.php', ['reply' => $post->id]); $this->execute('behat_general::i_visit', [$url]); } }